Thursday, October 19, 2006

Who Directs the Leader? The Answers Matters.

Proverbs 20:24 (NIV) A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?

This is one of those very tough leadership verses for we supposedly “know the way.” We share the vision. We focus on the mission. We shape actions by the core values. We’re …leading.

The truth is that we have a “necessary and constant dependence on God.” When I stop depending on Him and just venture out with a “Griff-generated-thing,” I really only understand this: it was all about me. Not good.

When I let God direct my steps with prayer, collaboration and the Word, I don’t try to understand - for His ways are not our ways.

I am learning to “trust and obey for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.” Who do you trust?

Copyright ©2006 by P. Griffith Lindell

No comments: