Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Leadership Treasure Hunt

Proverbs 2: 1-5 (NIV) My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.


Working in or running a business God’s way is not a matter of a morning prayer of “Bless, oh Lord, my business I pray: now, Lord, let me go on my way…”

Observe the highlighted words in the verse – there is work to do, here. This is not a pretty string of words to light up our spiritual life tree. These are both contemplative and courageous words. They demand action. The result will change your life - that I can promise.

Doing business in a way that glorifies God will develop your character (heart, soul and mind) so that you will become increasingly Christ-like – that’s where the real value is.

Are you searching for the right treasure? Further study may help.


Copyright ©2009 by P. Griffith Lindell

No comments: