Friday, June 18, 2010

Son-light

Proverbs 18:2 Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.


A small break in the clouds
And the morning light paints the sky with reds, yellows and bright.
Just a quick peek,
Then gone.
Clouds - high, quiet blankets of gray now rule.

It colors my life - isolated under this blanket of gray
Focused not on the sun, that is not seen,
but on the monotone color of an overcast morning -
seen, felt, believed and quiet.
It colors my opinion of morning information.

High winds aloft begin to scrub the sky
stirring up the blanket of gray into soft cotton-balls of white
And the sun is again revealed.
It never moved. Always there. Now shining.
The day feels better.

Colors more brilliant. Shadows dance with the morning dew.
The air looses its chill and my life is once again colored by the sun.
Then the thought hits me:
my life should always be colored by the Son - seen or unseen.

Focus on the Son that I know is there - not on the clouds that chill the air.

###

Where's your focus?


Copyright 2010 by P. Griffith Lindell

1 comment:

Dave C said...

The sun (Son) is always shining, sometimes the clouds cover it and sometimes, well we just can't see it (Him), but He is always there. Knowing that is where my Focus hopefully is because it effects everyone I do and everyone I lead.