Thursday, August 05, 2010

Leadership Foundation

Proverbs 5:1-2 (NIV) My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge.

Successful businesses serve well the needs of their customers in an environment where employees thrive and are rewarded in words and deeds.

Employee and customer needs fulfilled in such a way that the investor’s financial needs, and the community that surrounds the business, profits from the enterprise.

Biblical wisdom supports each of these activities of a business. To name just a few:
  • Meet the needs of other first.
  • Treat employees with honor and fairly.
  • Pay your debts.
  • Your actions impact the world.
Your source of wisdom when leading determines – well, everything.

Business ethics adheres to the underlying principle that there is bedrock truth upon which you must build your thought life and behavior. Solomon of old never assumed that truth was relative and that morality was a function of personal choice: his worldview drove his wise proverbs.

Do you pay more attention to what God teaches or the situational, shifting ethics of man?

Are you grounded in Wisdom? If not, wise up!


Copyright © 2010 P. Griffith Lindell

1 comment:

Dave C said...

I would like to think I am as grounded in Wisdom as best as I can be this side of the veil and at this point in my life. But as you know we are never as perfect as the perfection we are called to strive for. So I am not as grounded as I would like to be.