Friday, December 08, 2006

Leadership From the Heart

Proverbs 8:17 (MSG) I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. (NIV) I love everyone who loves me, and I will be found by all who honestly search [for me.]

Two uses of “love” here: the first use is a word that drives the future - that love is on-going - in the hear-and-now and forever. The second describes a love that drives action - not an observational love (I love sunsets when I happen to see them); it is a love that includes the willingness to always look for sunsets, putting myself in a position to see them and to manage my time to be available for them. It includes sacrifice of inconvenience, and with it a promise.

When God is really sought, He will be found and will be exalted in our lives and our businesses. What we say and how we do what we do will reflect God in us - and not us.

Who are you reflecting?

Copyright © 2006 by P. Griffith Lindell     

No comments: