Monday, February 09, 2009

Christian Business Owners Are Clear About Ownership

Proverbs 9:6; (NIV) Leave your simple ways and you will live; walk in the way of understanding.


How well do you and I really understand that “the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever” (Westminster Catechism)? Enjoying God while the economy is hurting? While your business is adjusting? In the midst of weak sales, less and less customers? YES! One way of “walking in the way of understanding” is to get who owns your business. As one writer posited, "...the goal of a business is not profit. It is stewardship. Profit results from good stewardship."

I like that for it says to me that even the business is something that is not "mine.” It is His and how I run it should reflect the owner: How I treat my staff; How I nurture customers with exceptional customer service; How I deal with the bank in integrity; my face to the public. All should reflect my “understanding.”

Even for a CEO of a public company - the business is "owned" by shareholders and the CEO is responsible for being a steward of the assets of that company. Those assets are not for him/her. Someone else is always the owner!

Who owns you and your business?


Copyright © 2009 by P. Griffith Lindell

No comments: